We have had some amazing home bakes and cooking shared with us over the course of the last two weeks. If you would like to share some of your family’s efforts to be published next week, please contact Suzi on email@example.com.
Alexandra (P6) and Daniel (P4) have made this amazing Courgette, Chocolate and Pistachio cake along with the recipe for you to try for yourself.
Shobha (P1) and her sister Rani have been missing the scones their friend’s mum makes so they asked her for the recipe and made some of their own! They have also shared the recipe for others to enjoy.
Ranjan in S2 has used his knowledge to inspire him to make some sushi, developing the recipe himself. He wanted to share his creations with our community by sharing his recipes:
Sushi – salmon and pawns
- cook for 10 mins
- place into the fridge for 30 mins
- add 75mls of sushi seasoning to the rice and mix
Tip – always keep your hands wet to avoid pieces of rice sticking
- lay out a bamboo sushi mat
- lay the seaweed onto the mat
- roll out the sushi rice on top of the seaweed – firmly squeezing
- place finely sliced salmon or pawns on top of the rice
- place very small pieces of cucumber on top
- roll the seaweed and the topping(s) up – firmly squeezing
- use a wet knife and slice up the roll into small finger size pieces
Wet hands are the key to success !
- roll rice into small balls of rice
- slice diagonally the salmon pieces and place thin slices on top of the rice balls
Onto your serving plate (I use a slate tray), place a few small drops of wasabi sauce