Careers education at ESMS has always been a vital part of our provision and this session our careers coordinators and their departmental colleagues are facing a new and serious challenge – how to continue to deliver meaningful events on a virtual platform. We would like your help with three different initiatives:
- A website is being set up to help pupils learn more about the options available in Creative Careers. We are intending that this website will include profiles from alumni who have studied Art & Design, Product Design, Dance, Drama, Music, Performing Arts or a related subject at university. To help us with this project, please answer the questions on the link which follows and, if you have time, our Careers colleagues would really appreciate a video of up to 5 minutes introducing yourself and telling school pupils about your experiences both positive and negative. Please send any videos to Katy McGarry on firstname.lastname@example.org. The questions can be found on the following link:
- Our S2 careers afternoon normally sees pupils meeting with parents and alumni from a variety of industries to learn more about different options and career paths available. As we cannot welcome visitors to the schools in person, we are planning to replace visits with digital links which will provide pupils with similar information. No matter your career path or current post your help would be greatly appreciated. If you can spare any time, please answer the questions on the link which follows and supply an optional photograph of yourself. A short video which shows ‘A typical day in your working life’ would be brilliant if you can spare the time. Please send whatever you can manage to Katy McGarry on email@example.com.
- Our S5 pupils would normally be attending careers lunches this term during which they would listen to short presentations from alumni who studied particular subjects at University after which they would ask questions of individual guests. As these career lunches cannot take place this session, we are asking you, if you have experience in one of the three areas highlighted, to consider answering the questions in the link which follows, as well as uploading a photo and possibly a short video. If you can help please send your answers to Susan Garlick on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business, Finance & Property
- What I did with an Arts/Law degree
- Science & Engineering